We would like to welcome you to Info Myanmar College and the HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development program. Before introduce our Info Myanmar College, I wish to explain about our IMCS company which is the root of our college.
IMCS is established as a small computer training center since 2008 and it is committed to providing high quality IT Training in an inclusive, supportive, and challenging environment, helping people to achieve their potential. IMCS embraces transparency and openness. After passing nearly one decade, the information of our school reputation included in weekly news journals. Now we are training 400 Students in different programs through 5 Training Centers, about 40 qualified staffs.
We try to utmost effort to get a leading role in ICT field at my country in order to engage international modernized courses. That is the reason why we established Info Myanmar College.
Info Myanmar College established in November 2014 .It is an independent institute for further and higher education. It provides quality teaching and learning in stimulation surroundings, at affordable prices, and offers a wide range of academic, professional and vocational training.
The approach to our learning is not only to improve knowledge but also to develop skills that can be applied in practical situations and used in different disciplines.
Info Myanmar College provides all of us with an educational journey of intellectual, personal and spiritual growth. We make a commitment to travel alongside the teaching staff with respect and integrity, accepting the guidance, support and positive encouragement with enthusiasm.
We pledge to respect our membership in the Info Myanmar College community by supporting the aims, objectives and plans, working toward its future, ever seeking to bring it honor wherever possible, in and out of the lecture room. We will abide by a high standard of ethical conduct that affirms the inherent value of every human being and respects the rights of all, even those with whom we may disagree.
We commit to respecting the pursuit of knowledge through active participation and thoughtful exploration of learning promised with each new day. We pledge to participate in open conversation and to encourage a vibrant dialogue in which all people have the right to speak and be heard.
By our commitment to this journey at Info Myanmar College, we strengthen ourselves, encourage and support each other and strive for a better world.
The Info Myanmar College Team wishes all of you a satisfying and enriching experience and every success in your studies.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME
Equip you with the necessary skills and experience to enter employment (or progress to further study) within your chosen area of applied computing.
- By providing you with the opportunity to gain national qualifications, with detailed common standards recognized by educational institutions and employers on route to (or instead of) gaining a degree. The Higher National Diploma qualifications will provide entry to further awards and professional development both at this University and externally
Develop a broad range of competencies, personal skills and motivation which are essential for a successful, professional working life.
- By providing a foundation in the knowledge and understanding of academic aspects of Computing through practical application.
- By facilitating the development of transferable skills such as teamwork, verbal and written communications and personal organization.
- By instilling in students the confidence to apply their academic and practical skills in real world contexts through case study and project work.
- By providing you with the capacity to reflect on their learning and to thereby be capable of exercising personal responsibility in making decisions based on their experiences within their chosen field of application.
Provide academic stimulation and challenge, and to foster an enjoyment of Computing and its application.
Recognize the importance of employability, enterprise and entrepreneurship within a global context
- By facilitating your attainment of Graduate attributes and embedding the assessment of that attainment as an important element of the award(s).
Provide an enriching experience for you
- By supporting and facilitating your personal, academic and professional development throughout your period of study at Info Myanmar College.
- By building a foundation for your continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
|No||Unit Number||Module Title||QCF Level|
|1||1||Business Skills for e-Commerce||4|
|3||3||Employability and Professional Development||4|
|4||4||Project Design, Implemenation and Evaluation||5|
|5||9||Systems Analysis and Design||4|
|7||17||Database Design Concepts||4|
|8||19||Object Oriented Programming||4|
|11||26||Design a Small or Home Office (SOHO) Network||4|
|12||30||Information Systems in Organisations||5|
|13||48||IT Security Management||5|
|14||33||Data Analysis and Design||5|
|15||34||Data Structures and Algorithms||5|
|16||35||Web Applications Development||5|
|17||36||Internet Server Management||5|
|18||41||Programming in Java||5|
|19||42||Programming in .NET||5|
|21||44||Local Area Networking Technologies||5|
|22||45||Wide Area Networking Technologies||5|
Results & Failure
At the end of each term you will have assessments, feedback for which you will get at the beginning of following term. At the end of every term Royal Academic Board meets to finalise the results.
Absence/ Non-submission: Students who fail to submit set coursework by the required date(s) will be deemed to have referred in the module(s) in question. Candidates who fail in a module may be allowed to resit the assessments of the module in question on the subsequent occasion at the discretion of the Exam Board.
Lateness and Early Leaving
If a student does not arrive within 30 minutes of the published start time for a timetabled class, they will be prevented from entering the class and only permitted to enter after the attendance register has been marked for that session. The student should see the student welfare officer at the end of the session only to obtain a LATE mark on the attendance register. Leaving early is considered the same as a late arrival. Attendance will be monitored regularly and must be maintained 90% overall. If student failed to satisfy attendance requirement for consecutive two semesters without satisfactory reason, he or she will be removed from the course.
Plagiarism is passing off, or attempting to pass off, another’s work as your own. It includes copying the words, ideas, images or research results of another without acknowledgement, whether those words etc. are published or unpublished. It is plagiarism, for example, to copy the work of another student, of a member of staff or a published article without crediting the author. Persons who allow their work to be plagiarised are also guilty.
Unfair practice detected first time will be recorded as first offence and any subsequent work submitted and suspected of unfair practice will be automatically referred for an investigation and could lead to the termination of your studies. Please refer to a Student Resources Portal for more information: Please ensure you access the student portal for general information, in particular the policy and procedures as well as course resources and timetable.
Lateness and Early Leaving
- If a student does not arrive within 30 minutes of the published start time for a timetabled class, they will be prevented from entering the class and only permitted to enter after the attendance register has been marked for that session.
- The student should see the student welfare officer at the end of the session only to obtain a LATE mark on the attendance register.
- Leaving early is considered the same as a late arrival.
- Attendance will be monitored regularly and must be maintained 90% overall.
- If student failed to satisfy attendance requirement for consecutive two semesters without satisfactory reason, he or she will be removed from the course.